Re: [SLE] programming question

After exchaning email with Jason, what he wants to do is to change
directory to the current user's home directory. That can be done very
easily with:
uid = getuid();
pwd = getpwuid(uid);
if (pwd) {
chdir(pwd->pw_dir);
}

The password structure contains the user's home directory in pw_dir.

On 2 Apr 2000, at 23:10, Jeffrey Taylor wrote:

> If I understand what you want, there is a function called getcwd, (GET
> Current Working Directory) that does what you want. (see program
> at end) It is not ANSI standard C. It works with SuSE 6.1, YMMV.
> I've installed additional libraries and upgraded a few. I suspect it
> is available on most systems.
>
> HTH,
> Jeffrey
>

> Quoting jason <jasonunrein@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > ok i'm desperate and kan't find an answer.
> >
> > Does anyone know how 2 get the directory of the programming
> > currently running. ie, fubar (the app) is stored in /usr/bin i do:
> > cd / fubar
> >
> > output should be "/usr/bin"
> >
> > how would i do this. I've tried everything i can think of and
> > everything in my books and i still can't get it to work. btw it's
> > in c
>

> ============================= cut here =============================
> #include <stdio.h>
>
> int main(int argc, char *argv[])
> {
> printf("%s\n", getcwd());
> }
>

> --

Jerry Feldman
Contractor, eInfrastructure Partner Engineering
508-467-4315 http://www.testdrive.compaq.com/linux/

Compaq Computer Corp.
200 Forest Street MRO1-3/F1
Marlboro, Ma. 01752