Re: [SLE] programming question

getcwd() isn't what i'm needing. I'll just describe what the program is.

The program will be used to students to handin homework assigments over the
network. the program handin will be in ~user/bin, the conf files will be in
~user/handin/conf and the students assignments will be stored in
~user/handin/assign#/user_id. They will issue the command by typing
"~coursenumber/bin/handin <assign_num> <files>"

o if you can see, the cwd will be the students dir and i need to change to the
class dir. That is my problems since i kan't get from the students directory
to the class directory. chdir( "~class") doesn't work and searching the passwd
file for the classes home directory won't work since the computers use a NIS
server.