Re: [SLE] how to make a DOS formated floppy?
  • From: juergen.braukmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Juergen Braukmann)
  • Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 22:21:53 +0200

Bostjan Muller wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Well I seem to have a problem. If I try just mformat everything is ok. If I use
> fdformat first the floppy is unreadable on win machine.
>
> The exact error from a DOS prompt is:
> General failiure reading drive a
> Abort, Retry, Fail?

no clue yet. ;-( I tried it that way, because sometimes disks won't
format with mformat on it's own. I can't test, due to lack of an M$
machine.
Don't tell me anybody, that I've to fdisk the floppy first... ;-)

Juergen

PS:
Command (m for help): p

fdisk tells:
Disk /dev/fd0: 2 heads, 18 sectors, 80 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 36 * 512 bytes

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/fd0p1 * 1 80 1440 1 FAT12

Command (m for help):