[SLE] Linux on ThinkPad 600X

Hi all!

I have SuSE 6.3 and I'm trying to install it on an IBM ThinkPad 600X.
Everything works fine except for two things.

When I install a kernel I select 'Kernel with APM support', but when I try to
use the APM functions I just get 'No APM support in the kernel'

and, more importantly, the X setup fails horribly.
SaX is more or less unusable as it starts up in some weird mode that lets me
view about 1/4 of the screen, and I haven't found a way to scroll. XF86Setup
gives me a workable screen, but I can't seem to get it to identify my h/w
properly.

The thinkpad has a NeoMagic 2160 according to the IBM docs, and this is
supposedly supported according to XFree. However, the server only identifies
64K RAM, but the card has 2M. Has anyone else had this experience and found a
solution?

Please help
//Anders