Re: [SLE] Leafnode Problems
  • From: budr@xxxxxxxxxxx (Bud Rogers)
  • Date: 02 Apr 2000 09:45:39 -0600

Gerry Doris <gdoris@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> In short, I can't get the latest package to work. I tried both an rpm and
> compile from source. Both have the same problem. While texpire and
> fetchnews work I can't access any articles. I can't connect to the
> leafnode deamon. When I try and telnet to port 119 of the news server I
> get a message that leafnode 1.9.12 can't read the config file.

I think the default location of the config file changed after 1.9.4. As I
remember it was in /usr/lib/leafnode or /usr/local/lib/leafnode. Later
versions expect to find it at /etc/leafnode. I would guess that fetchnews
and texpire find the old config while leafnode does not.

--
Bud Rogers <budr@xxxxxxxxxxx> http://www.sirinet.net/~budr/zamm.html

Assembly of Japanese bicycle require great peace of mind.