Re: [SLE] On-line documentation fixed in 6.4?
  • From: budr@xxxxxxxxxxx (Bud Rogers)
  • Date: 02 Apr 2000 09:37:27 -0600

Bill Moseley <moseley@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Will the web-based documentation work in version 6.4?
>
> I'm running 6.3 out of the box and I can't belive how messed up it is. I
> had to make a bunch of changes to the httpd.conf file, and still, the main
> help page at http://suse/hilfe/index_e.html has a bunch of href links that
> are absolute starting http://localhost which means they don't work from
> another machine.

Works fine here. If you run apache on your machine http://localhost gets a
generic webpage having, among other things, links to most if not all your
local documentation. Document root is at /usr/local/httpd/htdocs. There
is an index.html page there, which you will likely want to redo to suit
your own needs. Other boxes on the same LAN can get to it by
http://hostname.

--
Bud Rogers <budr@xxxxxxxxxxx> http://www.sirinet.net/~budr/zamm.html

Assembly of Japanese bicycle require great peace of mind.