[SLE] Re: Permissions on the /tmp directory?
  • From: stefan.troeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Stefan Troeger)
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 09:43:17 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 01 2000 at 16:35 -0800, Christopher D. Reimer wrote:

> point to /scsi1/tmp. I was curious to notice that the old /tmp directory
> had the following permissions: drwxrwxrwt. (I presume that the "t" is the
> sticky bit.)
>
> Do I need this particular permission on the symbolic link? How do I set it?

You'd have a hard time trying it ;-) It's impossible to set
permissions of a symbolic link because they don't matter
anyway. The owner/group/permissions of the file the link points
to are what counts. Make sure your new tmp directory has owner
and group set to root and permissions to drwxrwxrwt and you're
set.

Ciao,
Stefan