Re: [SLE] An etiquette for this list - a call for discussion
  • From: bobbyg@xxxxxxxxxx (Bobby Geortgilakis)
  • Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 17:55:41 +1200

Hi All & Philipp,

who wrote:

<snip>
The users of the German suse-linux have created an etiquette which is
posted

> once a month on the list. You can have a look at a slightly outdated
> translated version at
>
> http://www.stud.fernuni-hagen.de/q5043905/Suse-Linux-Etiquette-e.txt
>
> I really like the idea as, at least IMO, it a) gives people clues as
> where to search for answers besides the list and b) helps reduce
discussions
> about the format of mails to the list.
> Therefor I would like to propose something similiar for this list. As
with
> the german list, this IMO should not be an official statement from
SuSE but
> something we as members of this list create. If there is interest, I
could
> do a translation of the current German etiquette and we could use that
as a
> starting point.
>
> Comments?

<snip>

Dang, why does this have to start up just before I am off to work....
Ok, quick
thoughts then *long pause*

I general, this list temperature feels cool to me, but it has crept up a
wee bit
this last couple of days.

Some sort of explicit guide lines would help orientate a newbie, to
which a
'howto' might seem like Ancient Greek or something. Also, if in the heat
of
passion, one of us sends in a post, that contains information that is
askew,
then correcting this needs to occur, but nix the flame/heat thing
(IMHO).

Although, I find the some of the 'German etiquette' does not fit my
personal
style.

*BFN*

Greek Geek

Have the courage to take your own thoughts seriously, for they will
shape you.
-- Albert Einstein

P.S, whoopz, only sent it to Phillip.....