Re: [SLE] Re: An etiquette for this list - a call for discussion
  • From: pthomas@xxxxxxx (Philipp Thomas)
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 06:28:15 +0200

* Steve Sheriff (fsanta@xxxxxxxxxx) [20000401 20:18]:

> of Northern Europe. We just like to talk. *Please* do not inflict rules upon us.

No one is going to inflict rules. These would merely be guidelines, telling
you where possibly else to look and how your messages *should* look like
(plain ascii, _selective_ quoting etc. ) in order to *avoid* getting people
annoyed.

Just as side note, I'd heavily push for something like 'a bit of
humor is never wrong here' and 'be patient, respect other views and keep in
mind that for many people here english is not their native tongue' to be
part of such guidelines.

Free as it may be, please remember that this is communication and as such
*there are* rules to which most of us abide, whether they are outspoken or
*not. F.i. there is no explicit rule banning rude behaviour, yet start doing
*exactly* that and watch the firework resulting from it :)

Philipp, who's rather pleased by the amount of discussion ;-)

--
Philipp Thomas <pthomas@xxxxxxx>
SuSE GmbH, Schanzaecker Str. 10, D-90443 Nuremberg, Germany

#define NINODE 50 /* number of in core inodes */
#define NPROC 30 /* max number of processes */
-- Version 7 UNIX fuer PDP 11, /usr/include/sys/param.h