Re: [SLE] Problems setting up Iomega Zip250 drive
  • From: pthomas@xxxxxxx (Philipp Thomas)
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 05:47:40 +0200

* Phil Shrimpton (phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) [20000401 20:46]:

> .... MyServer insmod: Note /etc/modules.conf is more recent than
> /lib/modules/2.2.13/modules.dep
>
> Not sure about the last one..

That's only a rather harmless notice. If it bugs you, just do a 'depmod'
after changing modules.conf and it'll vanish.

> alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
> options parport_pc io=0x378 irq= none, none
>
> > - what are the settings for the parallel port in the BIOS of your
> > machine?
>
> Parallel Port Address = Auto
> Parallel Port Status = LPT1 378 IRQ7

First of all, try setting Port Address to a fixed value, e.g. 378.

> I am guessing it is something to do with the parport options as there is no
> IRQ setting in there..

Nope, my experience tells me, that no IRQ is needed. But experiment yourself
and change the line in modules.conf to

options parport_pc io=<address set in BIOS> irq=7,none

If parport doesn't report a device, I'd guess the error must be somewhere
else, f.i. in the cabeling. If you also have Windows running on the machine,
does it work there?

Philipp

--
Philipp Thomas <pthomas@xxxxxxx>
SuSE GmbH, Schanzaecker Str. 10, D-90443 Nuremberg, Germany

#define NINODE 50 /* number of in core inodes */
#define NPROC 30 /* max number of processes */
-- Version 7 UNIX fuer PDP 11, /usr/include/sys/param.h