[SLE] static linking trouble
  • From: christophe.le-cannellier@xxxxxxxxxx (Christophe Le Cannellier)
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 23:22:41 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to perform a static link, so that I can send an executable
to people who do not have some libraries (Motif in this very case).

I've never done that before, and adding the -static option does not work
:

a file onto the generated executable shows that it's dynamically linked
attemp to run on a non Motif system say that shared lib libXm.so cannot
be loaded

Sorry to be a pain, as this is likely to be straighforward, but I'm
stuck and lost.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Christophe