RE: [SLE] Problems setting up Iomega Zip250 drive

> From: Philipp Thomas [mailto:pthomas@xxxxxxx]

Hi,

> > > Try 'modprobe imm' and see if that works.
> >
> > No, I get the same errors as above, but with 'imm' instead of 'ppa'.
>
> OK, so more precise info is needed:
>
> - which version of SuSE Linux are you using?

6.3

> - are you using the standard kernel from your distribution or a self
> compiled one?

Standard (AFAIK)

> - any additional messages relating to this in /var/log/messages?

.... MyServer kernel: imm: Version 2.03 (for Linux 2.0.0)
.... MyServer kernel: imm: parport reports no devices
.... MyServer insmod: Note /etc/modules.conf is more recent than
/lib/modules/2.2.13/modules.dep

Not sure about the last one..

> - what options get passed to the parport module, possibly from
> /etc/modules.conf?

alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
options parport_pc io=0x378 irq= none, none

> - what are the settings for the parallel port in the BIOS of your
> machine?

Parallel Port Address = Auto
Parallel Port Status = LPT1 378 IRQ7

I am guessing it is something to do with the parport options as there is no
IRQ setting in there..

Cheers

Phil