Re: [SLE] Problems setting up Iomega Zip250 drive
  • From: pthomas@xxxxxxx (Philipp Thomas)
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 19:27:14 +0200

* Phil Shrimpton (phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) [20000401 18:59]:

> > Try 'modprobe imm' and see if that works.
>
> No, I get the same errors as above, but with 'imm' instead of 'ppa'.

OK, so more precise info is needed:

- which version of SuSE Linux are you using?
- are you using the standard kernel from your distribution or a self
compiled one?
- any additional messages relating to this in /var/log/messages?
- what options get passed to the parport module, possibly from
/etc/modules.conf?
- what are the settings for the parallel port in the BIOS of your
machine?

Philipp

--
Philipp Thomas <pthomas@xxxxxxx>
SuSE GmbH, Schanzaecker Str. 10, D-90443 Nuremberg, Germany

#define NINODE 50 /* number of in core inodes */
#define NPROC 30 /* max number of processes */
-- Version 7 UNIX fuer PDP 11, /usr/include/sys/param.h