From: Celia McInnis [mailto:mcinnisc@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 31 March 2000 20:58
To: suse-linux-e
Subject: [SLE] Help - 6.3 - Can't boot off of anything!

I installed Suse Linux 6.3 on one of my PC's several days
ago. There was a warning sheet included with the
distribution about problems installing LILO to the /boot
partition. As suggested, I installed LILO to the MBR.

Well - At present, I can't boot off of anything - Not even
my (formerly) bootable cdrom, not from the bootable floppy.

When I power cycle the machine, I hear a couple of seconds
of action on the cdrom, and then nothing. The monitor
remains black.

I checked all connections - nothing seems loose.

I don't remember if I rebooted the machine after my inital
install. Perhaps the first time I shut the machine off was
when I installed a network card a couple of days ago. It was
at this time that I saw that I could not reboot the machine.
I tried the network card in every PCI slot and still no boot
was possible from the system, cdrom or floppy. Finally I
removed the network card - Still no boot from disk, cdrom or
floppy.

Does anybody have any suggestions for me?

Thanks,
Celia McInnis