Re: [SLE] An etiquette for this list - a call for discussion
  • From: pthomas@xxxxxxx (Philipp Thomas)
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 18:48:24 +0200

* Jerry L Kreps (JerryKreps@xxxxxxxxxx) [20000401 16:50]:

> In the SuSE 'sig' that is attached to each email a URL to the
> etiquette html could be placed.

I don't know, as these would *not* be official rules, but mentioning them in
the automatically attached footer make them seem to be that.

It just happens that I am reading both lists and at the same time am a SuSE
employee. But that wouldn't automatically make it official.

Plus I think this _shouldn't_ be anything official as IMO something that
we as users of this list agree on would bear *much* more weight and get more
agreement. This would also follow the grass roots traditions of the net,
which IMNSHO have to be held up now and then :)

Philipp

--
Philipp Thomas <pthomas@xxxxxxx>
SuSE GmbH, Schanzaecker Str. 10, D-90443 Nuremberg, Germany

#define NINODE 50 /* number of in core inodes */
#define NPROC 30 /* max number of processes */
-- Version 7 UNIX fuer PDP 11, /usr/include/sys/param.h