Re: [SLE] Corel cheated.
  • From: Admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brevsville Administrator)
  • Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 03:02:10 -0800

In fairness to Corel, Wordperfect for UNIX has been available for years as has their
enhanced printer services. I remember using it on SCO a number of years ago. Their
new release is simply an enhancment of what WordPerfect Corp were doing before
Borland/Corel/Inprise/Everyone got involved.

Surely what we want is a good O/S with good commercial application software.
Open source protects us from the mickysofts of the world taking control.

I have a copy of Corel Linux on one of my systems and I have to say that it's install
eats anything else I have seen including SuSE. Also it's enhanced KDE which
integrates the control panel and Samba, makes Linux much more windoze like,
which frankly is one of the biggest barriers to more businesses moving to Linux,
they want a familiar interface for their average users.

Finally, don't knock the competition,learn from them and then do better. Or if you
don't like their products, don't buy them.

my 2c worth

Chris