Re: [SLE] Re:solved my own problem [SLE] SANE and UMAX help needed
  • From: pthomas@xxxxxxx (Philipp Thomas)
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 15:02:21 +0200

* Togan Muftuoglu (toganm@xxxxxxxxx) [20000401 14:53]:

> I have solved my own problem by applying
>
> chmod 666 /dev/sg1

Just as a casual advice: in such cases it's better to create groups whose
members should be allowed to use a facility, chgrp the device to that group
and then add the respective user to that group. That's *much* safer than
opening up a device for everybody.

Just keep in mind, that if you choose to go that route, the respective user
has to relogin in order for the new group memberships to become active (the
command `id' will show you).

Philipp

--
Philipp Thomas <pthomas@xxxxxxx>
SuSE GmbH, Schanzaecker Str. 10, D-90443 Nuremberg, Germany

#define NINODE 50 /* number of in core inodes */
#define NPROC 30 /* max number of processes */
-- Version 7 UNIX fuer PDP 11, /usr/include/sys/param.h