Re: [opensuse-project] bugzilla resolution "OBSOLETE"
On 2012/05/16 16:09 (GMT) Jim Henderson composed:

On Wed, 16 May 2012 14:11:26 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:

In GNOME Bugzilla, we do have a OBSOLETE resolution. I think that would
help in such cases.

I like this idea in concept.

I don't...

I think the use of an OBSOLETE resolution is something that would be
useful, but we have to be careful in actually using it - obviously there
are some fixes (security in particular) where backporting a fix is
generally considered a good idea. So we need to be extremely clear that
the reason it's flagged obsolete is because (a) it's been resolved in a
later release, and (b) a decision has been made (and that decision should
at least be explained in the comments, IMHO) to not backport because of
the effort/impact/whatever.

Instead of OBSOLETE, do like mozilla.org -> EXPIRED or INCOMPLETE, neither of which judge what has been done, and leave for consideration possible propriety to reopen with updated information.

Don't forget too that one justification for INVALID can be obsolescence.

Looking briefly through bugzilla.mozilla.org re the Bugzilla software product, the word obsolete seems to have a special meaning reserved for use with attachments.

If it were up to me, "OBSOLETE" would not be added.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/