[opensuse-marketing] Re: writing opportunities
  • From: Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 00:04:14 +0200
On 2010-10-26 Jos wrote:
Hi all,

I need some creativity from you all. I've been asked by the UK linuxuser
magazine people if I know anyone who could write technical tutorials (eg
installing a L.i.f.e thin-client setup) of about 2000 words for them.

There might be some payment but that's not a given - they have to eat too.

So, we must have people in our community who, maybe with some writing help
from us, could do this. How do we contact them? Does anyone have any ideas?
I could obviously blog, or ask on -project, but I would like to hear your
thoughs too.

And if any of you would be willing to work with a techie on such an
article, doing some editing and working on wording etc, step up now :D

Cheers,
Jos

As a FYI, it seems there is some misunderstanding around my mail - sorry for
the sloppy wording:

The writing is for an UK magazine. You can demand at least a subscription for
half a year or something if you write for them :D

As a matter of fact I will be writing a column for them and they want to
feature openSUSE tutorials (and other articles!) in general - LIFE was just an
example.

Note that they are not the only ones seeking such input: I know of many
magazines and sites where articles would get a decent spot. So anyone who
enjoys writing, let me know and I hook you up. You should have noticed already
know Helen South wrote a cool article on linux.com:
http://www.linux.com/component/content/article/81-applications/372958-
collaboration-across-borders-at-the-opensuse-conference

And there is surely room for more articles on their site ;-)

Cheers,
Jos