Re: [opensuse-marketing] writing opportunities
  • From: Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 23:57:44 +0200
On 2010-10-26 Helen wrote:
Maybe need to poll a cross-section of developers and users and find
out where their preferred points of contact are. IRC? A media mail
list?

Well, I think developers can be best contacted on -project, at least I hope
most devs are there. Unfortunately there have been some severe flamewars in
the past and many might have left - we need, at some point, start a campaign
to get them back in (and do something about the flamewars at the same time).

What's happening with Pavol's social networking platform? I find the
idea of some kind of in-house unified platform really appealing.
Rather than having a bit on IRC, a bit on Facebook, and a dozen lists,
if I had suseCafe open and it was all there in one place....

It would be even cooler if it would integrate all that stuff - having to
tweet, dent, digg, like etc can be tiring :D
There are of course tools and connections between all our stuff but it'd be a
nice addition.

Unfortunatly I managed to miss Pavol's presentation at the oSC and I bet he
hates me now.

I'm happy to edit anyone's tech articles for English and grammar. Feel
free to pass on my email.

Thanks for volunteering!!!

cheers

Helen