Re: [opensuse-marketing] We are Geeko ( Second Calling)
  • From: "S.Kemter" <buergermeister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 13:45:59 +0200
Am Dienstag 26 Oktober 2010, 12:36:15 schrieb jdd:
Le 26/10/2010 11:57, Pavol Rusnak a écrit :
+1000. Saying "I'm <your name> and I'm a geeko" or "I'm <your name> and
I use openSUSE" in 5-10 seconds should be enough. Noone is going to
watch 30 minutes of video where everyone is speaking for 1-2 minutes. We
need to make it short and interesting. (5 minutes ~= 50-100 people
saying one short sentence).

I think you could add a handfull of such testimonies at the end of any
openSUSE video :-) no more than 1mn, at the moment where most people
simply wait for the video to finish

Also the opening screen of the initial video is very smart, so having
2s of this screen copied between each testimony should be a good
transition.

jdd

Pavol +10000

But I wouldnt use the sentence "I use openSUSE since $year" or something like
this. Just say "I am a part of openSUSE" or openSUSE Community or "I am an
openSUSE Ambassador" on this way it would be clearer what openSUSE is - an
community driven project.

Second, as I said before, shorter is better and the shortest is only the
native tongue. Add the name and country with fonts in the video (use the real
names not the nicks ;) )

And the last thing, dont use wallpaper from SUSE Enterprise in it - its contra
productive!

I am not so happy with the graphics for the intro, u need help just ask!

br gnokii