Re: [opensuse-marketing] BoF topics please!
  • From: "S.Kemter" <buergermeister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 10:24:08 +0200
On 2010-10-20 Kostas wrote:
I did it but I did something wron,please correct it if you can
thanks
kostas

Just FYI some notes on the Marketing BoF:

Discussed:
- supporting ambassadors
- quality ambassador work?
- marketing materials
- lack of clear and consistent branding (special branding meeting)

goals for next year
- focus on ambassadors
- enabling them
- what to do
- give them materials
- get basics up and running
- announcements
- website texts
- internationalization
- writing for magazines etc

I would also like to mention Henne's talk about the huge variety of
websites we have which are meant for communication: Lizzards, news,
planet, etc etc etc

We discussed bringing all that back to Planet + News, where news.o.o would
essentially be cherry-picked posts from planet. I think it's a good idea...
Altough it has some issues.

The notes are VERY incomplete as I wrote some things down I wanted to
discuss before the BoF and did not write much DURING the BoF :D

Please, Bryen, AJ, Michl, Yaloki, whoever made notes - send them!

We should add the main points what came out of the Artwork session

* all agreed in the marketing session, that the situation with the different
used styles for marketing materials isnt good

most of time in art session, we tried to declare all that artwork guidelines
be interpreted from artist and we can break them without breaking.

On the end came out, that we have immediately to begin to develop an CI (means
a face for all things)

But Nuno made clear that this is a <underline>process</underline> that takes
time.

For the art side would be responsible for the development of that rlihm,
javier_ and me

But we need input from marketing team how it should look like and the design
have to represent on the end our strategy and address our target group.

br gnokii