[opensuse-marketing] Presentation videos - How to do that?
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 13:26:15 -0500
This is triggered by this video:
http://gnome.mirocommunity.org/video/234/thomas-mcguire-kmail-2

It is much better presentation then any (opensource) I've seen before.

The presentation itself is not crisp clear, probably taken with camera from
screen, instead and video is taken from the top of the auditorium, which puts
viewer above presenter without any justification in needed overview of
situation, or wanted dramatic effects, but those are minor mistakes comparing
to videos that we can see in our archives. Majority of our presentation videos
(talks in openSUSE parlance) are hard to follow and many are nothing more then
video record that some presentation happened.

We definitely need very simple guidance for those taking videos.
I have some experience with photography (ditto comment about camera position),
but absolutely no with requirements to take video that is able to convey the
message, or at minimum to give all information that those present at the event
were able to see.

I can find videos that are good and those that are not, and comment what I see
as good and bad, but what we need is more than that.

One of ideas is to contact students that learn how to make videos and give
them a chance to show what they know, for instance DePaul College of Computing
and Digital Media (CDM) has people that can help with advice [1].

http://www.cdm.depaul.edu/Pages/default2.aspx

They have some amazing technologies in their educational process, so they can
be one of educational institutions that can have people interested in helping
amateurs.

The only thing that we have to have before we ask anybody for help is to have
clear idea what end result we want.

--
Regards,
Rajko