Re: [opensuse-marketing] Default "reply to:" address on lists
On Sun, 2010-10-24 at 18:59 +0900, Satoru Matsumoto wrote:
Koushik Kumar Nundy wrote:

There was a discussion sometime early this year, about setting the
default "reply to" address on all MLs to the list emails. This would
remove the need to "reply all" in the mails. That proposal died out
since. Can anyone say why that was not considered useful/feasible?

I couldn't locate the old thread, so I formed a new one. I am not sure
if this is the right list to bring up the topic, but I'm not
subscribed on oS-project.

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Mailing_lists#Why_do_my_replies_go_to_the_original_poster_and_not_the_list.3F

I'll bet Henne will NEVER change this. ;-)

Best,

--
_/_/ Satoru Matsumoto - openSUSE Member - Japan _/_/
_/_/ Marketing/Weekly News/openFATE Screening Team _/_/

But in any case, the proper way to reply on a mailing iist is *NOT*
Reply-to-all, but Reply-to-list. Many people don't know about this
function that exists in several email clients. On Evolution, it is
ctrl+l. When you do reply to list, then only one email is sent to the
list. If you do reply-to-all then an email is sent to the list + sent
to the previous poster, which is the WRONG way to do it.

Unfortunately, not all email clients support this functionality. On my
blackberry, it certainly isn't an option and I have to reply-to-all and
then delete the personal email before sending.

So, check your email client and find out what the reply-to-list keys are
and use it. It may feel strange at first, but now after so long, I
can't *NOT* use the reply-to-list function. It's so easy to get used
to.

Bryen M Yunashko
openSUSE Marketing Team lead