Re: [opensuse-marketing] Re: Promo around openSUSE conference
  • From: fabrice <manchette@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 22:51:13 +0200
Le mardi 19 octobre 2010 22:15:18, Andreas Jaeger a écrit :
On Thursday 14 October 2010 17:14:49 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
On Monday 13 September 2010 22:35:53 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
Dear friends,

I have made a page describing the tasks to do for the openSUSE
conference. Input is welcome, especially of the kind "I will do
that". IOW feel free to add things, especially if it's your name
behind a task!

'on the ground', as in at the conference, we need at least 5-7 peeps
to cover the tracks, make good photo's for flickr and articles and
take care of the press. Who feels up for it?

Check the plan:
http://piratepad.net/H9whQFD9wU

Cheers
Jos

Ping-pong again - any promo peeps going to the conference, please add
your name at the bottom of this piratepad please. There's a bunch of
tasks and I'd love to know if and for what you are available. Most
notable tasks - someone who is responsible for twitter and such;
someone to make pictures we can use in articles; and people who can
take some notes on cool things which are happening for articles.

Who's up for it?

Seems it's only you and me ;-(. I'll try to load my press kit tomorrow on
my bike ;)

So, will anybody besides the two of us attend the marketing bof on
Thursday?
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Marketing_BOF_2010

Andreas

Hello,
i have a question but not sure if i's on topic or not , as i saw that Bof
meant "Informal discussion meetings" this might fit in :
i recently had an internet provider change and thus no possibilty to refresh
and upgrade my 11.3 opensuse desktop since 1 month.
After using #zypper ref && zypper up from init 3 i had some cheksum problems
with 2 packages. I notice that this kind of problem frequently appears .
- The choice given is to abort, retry or ignore. Why is ignore offered when i
might break some unknown dependencies ?
i wrongly chose to ignore python-sip and i ended up with a broken suse
(kdeinit4 would not start anymore).
- The fact that checksum went wrong stopped my upgrade and as i did not want to
break things so i stopped completely the upgrade and dis not know what to
do...untill i looked at the zypper man and found the zypper cc possibility to
clear cache ; which did the trick and allowed me to refresh my repositories
and upgrade all 254 packages (a bit less after a few trials).
Well, this kind of thing is certainly happening a lot of time in many homes
and workplaces.
As clearing cache solved it all i was wondering why is this kind of error
(wrong checksum) -or any error linked with a wrong cache- not automatically
followed by a zypper cc command to clear cache and follow up ? May be it's
already know and on tracks but i'm sure there would be plenty of interesting
things to do automatically to improve zypper solving/upgrading even more (and
zypper is already Excellent!).NB : i know cache is usually the place that is
not cleared often, but sometimes it helps a lot ;)
Thanks
Fabrice