[opensuse-marketing] Fwd: [opensuse-buildservice] how to make mediawiki packages
  • From: nmarques <nmo.marques@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 04:03:38 +0100
2010/10/12 Johannes Weberhofer <jweberhofer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hello!

I'm currently trying to build new mediawiki packages which are FHS
compliant. I've nearly finished it, but I have one tiny problem:

Included in the sources there is one small tool which must be compiled and
is therefore architecture depended. Therefore the main package should go
into a noarch RPM, a small sub-package into an architecture specific RPM.

It seems, build support something like this since OSS 11.3, but only the
other way round: The sub-package can be noarch (which makes sense for docs I
think). Putting the following into the spec:

Name:           mediawiki
%if %{?suse_version} >= 1130
BuildArch:      noarch
%endif
%package texvc
%if %{?suse_version} >= 1130
BuildArch:      %{arch}
%endif

leads into
error: line 62: Only noarch subpackages are supported: BuildArch:      %{arch}

Try "%package -n texvc" ("%files -n", "description -n", for the
'sub'-package), be mindful that if you do such (-n) the package won't
inherit the prefix on the name.

Building a new package from the same spec should clear that out.

peace,
nmarques

Do you see a way how to handle this problem nicely except splitting up the
package into two packages, one for the scripts, one for the binary?

Thank you and best regards,
Johannes

--
Johannes Weberhofer