Re: [opensuse-marketing] Fwd: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS 2.1 Beta 1 released
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 17:32:18 +0200

Hello again,

Am Montag, 27. September 2010, 15:09:33 schrieb Andreas Jaeger:
On Sunday 26 September 2010 17:23:01 Carlos Ribeiro wrote:
Jos,

Yes, we already did piratepad for the obs 2.1 draft for announcement,
http://piratepad.net/VXa1B1xryD

Hi,

We (SUSE and LinuxFoundation OBS team) just had a call and agreed on the
OBS 2.1 release on next week monday or tuesday, just tell us when you need it.

However, I saw that LinuxFoundation is not mentioned explicit anymore in the
release
text.

Since they were the biggest contributor (beside SUSE itself) I would like to see
their name printed there.

Can you for example add after the sentence:

"We would like to thank everyone who helped make the openSUSE Build Service
2.1 possible!"

something like

"Special thanks go to the OBS team at the LinuxFoundation who contributed the
extended
access handling of this release."

Rudolf, James, Jan-Simon, is that sentence okay or would you like to have a
different wording ?

thanks
adrian

I suggest to explain what obs is right at the beginning of the text - I've
added a bit now but it does not fit in.

Also: The new features you mention are all features from 2.0.
I suggested to add these features in a prominent way:

* enhanced web user interface: creation of submit requests; source history
and
showing of commits
* Source services allow checkout from svn/git with tar up, download from
remote sides
* Read access control for package sources.

I would mention also the install methods, the new installation media that
installs OBS on a fresh system directly, the appliances, the public
build.opensuse.org as well as OBS is an Open Source project

I suggest to not use bullet points but instead announce three features and
make a paragraph for each one.

Could you rework this further, please? Feel free to catch me on IRC,

Andreas

--
Adrian Schroeter
SUSE Linux Products GmbH