Re: [opensuse-marketing] A review on our Marketing Strategies
  • From: "Sankar P" <psankar@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 03:15:56 -0600
On 10/12/2010 at 02:36 PM, in message <201010121106.13500.coolo@xxxxxxx>,
Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Tuesday 12 October 2010 schrieb Andreas Jaeger:
On Tuesday 12 October 2010 07:19:49 Sankar P wrote:
What packages does the promo DVD miss ? I would suggest, For download, we

Coolo, do you have a list?
Sure.

should give isos of only:

1) Live CDs of GNOME & KDE
2) Promo DVD (also acts as a Live DVD)
The promo DVD is not a live DVD, it contains the two live CD images you have

to choose from. A live DVD would mean no rpm packages and extra config to
choose the desktops live - and they would be installed in parallel, which
gives a less than optimial user experience as you have all tools duplicated.

Ah okay. Thanks for the explanation. Got it clear now.

Sankar