[opensuse-marketing] Re: [opensuse-ambassadors] Software Freedom Day - Chile - Report
  • From: Ricardo Varas Santana <ricardoivaras@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 23:12:41 -0400
On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 7:07 PM, Francisco Arias
<francisco.arias@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everyone, here is my report:

Event: Software Freedom Day - Chile.
Date: September 25th, 2010.
Location: University of Talca, VII, Chile.

1. how many DVDs did you take? 100.
2. How many DVDs did you distribute? 100.
3. how many people where at the event? Around 300 guests.
4. At the booth? Around 150 persons.
5. three most asked questions/topics at booth?
   5.1 What's openSUSE?
   5.2 What's the main difference between openSUSE and others (usually
Ubuntu)?
   5.3 How good is hardware support on openSUSE?
6. What was the most interesting comment, question, talk you heard?
Some people was expecting some kind of flyer about openSUSE, because
sometimes I wasn't at the booth and people was needing information.
7. Will you blog about the event - and where? I'm not a blogger but
actually I made some tweets.
8. Who staffed the booth? My wife, our little daughter and me. My
daughter and I were dressing up openSUSE t-shirts so some people came
to the booth because of that (she looked very funny) ;-)
9. Did you have a talk? Yes, I had one.
10. Which topic? open-source and free software on education. I talked
about openSUSE Li-f-e.
11. Will you provide slides for others to use? Of course!!!

Hi Francisco,

Thanks for sharing the experience. You have really done a great job.
Now I wonder if you are attending Encuentro Linux this year. I am
going to give a talk out there, sadly (and don't know why!) my
openSUSE proposals didn't make it so it will be over PySide. So far I
have talked with Luis about requesting openSUSE stuff for the event.
Let's make this one big event for the green ! Are you in? Let us know,
please =)

Bests
--
Ricardo Varas Santana
openSUSE Member, Ambassador, and Translator.