[opensuse-marketing] Re: [opensuse-ambassadors] Software Freedom Day - Chile - Report
  • From: Francisco Arias <francisco.arias@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 09:40:50 -0400
Hi Andreas,

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 8:54 AM, Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 05 October 2010 01:07:09 Francisco Arias wrote:
Hi everyone, here is my report:

Event: Software Freedom Day - Chile.
Date: September 25th, 2010.
Location: University of Talca, VII, Chile.

1. how many DVDs did you take? 100.
2. How many DVDs did you distribute? 100.
3. how many people where at the event? Around 300 guests.
4. At the booth? Around 150 persons.
5. three most asked questions/topics at booth?
    5.1 What's openSUSE?
    5.2 What's the main difference between openSUSE and others (usually
Ubuntu)? 5.3 How good is hardware support on openSUSE?
6. What was the most interesting comment, question, talk you heard?
Some people was expecting some kind of flyer about openSUSE, because
sometimes I wasn't at the booth and people was needing information.

Yes, we need some of these and help in generating them is needed!

A curious fact was that next to my booth was Fedora's booth and they
brought a few CDs (or DVDs) and flyers for visual inspection only
(plastified, I guess), so people can read them on some kind of little
plastic lectern (like computer descriptions on stores [1], I don't
know if I'm explaining myself).

Maybe we can do something similar.

[1] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64556/openSUSE/Thing.jpg

7. Will you blog about the event - and where? I'm not a blogger but
actually I made some tweets.
8. Who staffed the booth? My wife, our little daughter and me. My
daughter and I were dressing up openSUSE t-shirts so some people came
to the booth because of that (she looked very funny) ;-)

9. Did you have a talk? Yes, I had one.
10. Which topic? open-source and free software on education. I talked
about openSUSE Li-f-e.
11. Will you provide slides for others to use? Of course!!!

Also, I asked guests to complete a little poll, you can find results here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64556/openSUSE/SoftwareFreedomDay_openSUSE_Poll.pdf

Really great idea!

And you can find my (modified) presentation (spanish) here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64556/openSUSE/openSUSE_Life_spanish.odp

Thanks!
Andreas
--