Re: [opensuse-marketing] The openSUSE Handbook proposal
  • From: Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 02:24:21 +0200
Hello,

on Donnerstag, 30. September 2010, Frank Sundermeyer wrote:
On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 00:54:30 +0200 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
That is actually a pretty good point. If our Wiki is good enough in
terms of content, we can try and figure out how to automate
creating a book.

I completely disagree. You are proposing to create documentation in a
completely unstructured format and then writing parsers attempting to
create an exchangeable format.

See my mail some minutes ago - I think it is possible and not too hard.

It is re-inventing the wheel by starting with a rectangle.

Well, a pair of angle brackets in XML already looks like a rectangle -
and not really like a circle *SCNR* [1]

We already have all the style-sheets for XML to provide the formats
we need (including wiki text).

The problem is not "wiki text output" - that's easy.

The problem is "merge changes in the wiki back".

Regards,

Christian Boltz

[1] this side blow already was worth the mail *eg*

--
[Evolution - Message-ID] Oh ja... Apropos: die libcamel (die fuer
diesen Muell verantwortlich ist) ist, aehm. "interessant" zu lesen...