Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Change realname
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 08:25:45 +0200
On Donnerstag, 17. September 2020, 17:56:13 CEST Perry Naseck wrote:
OK, here's an update:

Went to the Live Chat on the SUSE site, they didn't know what I was
talking about but sent me to entitlements@xxxxxxxx. They didn't refuse
support because I'm not a paying customer, so that's good.

Entitlements also didn't know what I was talking about and said that the
SUSE and openSUSE systems were separate entities and sent me to
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Services_help#account.2C_profile.2C_change_password

<https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Services_help#account.2C_profile.2C_change_password>,

which then links to an old MicroFocus login.

Finally I found idp-request@xxxxxxx at the bottom of
https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/ <https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/>.
It looks like the buried it at the bottom of the page to avoid getting
an inbox flood during the migration (completely fair). They successfully
forwarded my request to infra@xxxxxxx, so hopefully they will resolve my
issue.

I also noted that they should include this contact email somewhere in
the identity manager UI since surely there will be more people with
account or account recovery issues. Since the migration is over they
probably avoided a large email flood at this point.

The portal should offer to edit the real name ....
(sorry, I can not see that with my employee account).

And a request-for-removal function is planned there as well btw.

sorry that it took so long, but we will improve :)
adrian

--

Adrian Schroeter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
Build Infrastructure Project Manager