Re: [opensuse-buildservice] ensuring build order for nightly builds

On Monday 2020-09-07 17:41, Neels Hofmeyr wrote:

we're building our Osmocom binary releases and nightly packages using the
openSUSE build service.

Today, a user has reported a crash using our nightly package build. It turns
out that an ABI incompatibility was introduced in our libosmo-mgcp-client
package (from osmo-mgw) yesterday. Everything would be in order if the osmo-msc
package had been rebuilt after / using the updated libosmo-mgcp-client package,
[...]

The osmo-msc package's control file includes the line
Depends: osmocom-nightly, libosmo-mgcp-client6 (= 1.7.0.89.8667d)
which I assume should prevent this from happening.

However, I find no such dependency for the RPM build. So even though the
rebuilds happened and happened in order, a user could install a newer
msc and retain an earlier libosmo-mgcp-client6.