[opensuse-buildservice] Running chroot based OBS worker in kubernetes cluster and how?
  • From: TommyLike Hu <tommylikehu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2020 17:35:20 +0800
Hey, guys:
I am an infrastructure member from openEuler community
(openEuler is an open source, free Linux distribution platform. The
platform provides an open community for global developers to build an
open, diversified, and architecture-inclusive software ecosystem.
[1]), we use OBS for our distribution packaging and releasing.
since our worker doesn't utilize any virtualization technologies (at
least in worker service, only chroot is used). we are wondering
whether we could containerize our obs worker into kubernetes clusters.
Within several hours of research, I found there is a guide [2] which
utilizes the kubernetes device plugin and announces it's alpha
implementation. I reckon this might be a correct direction but still
have some questions.
1. Are there any known issues or disadvantages running an obs
worker in a container?
2. all of the container images are tagged with unstable
(registry.opensuse.org/obs/server/unstable/container/leap151/containers/openbuildservice/backend
for instance), do we have any official docker images? and where can I
get the dockerfile of the image?
3. if we only containerize our obs worker that means we need to
route requests from backend back to obs worker via nodeport, therefore
we need to update the ip address of the worker to node's. Is there a
way to achieve this?

Thanks
TommyLike

[1]: https://openeuler.org/en/