Re: [opensuse-buildservice] SCTP support

On Thursday 2020-09-03 19:34, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Am 25.08.20 um 16:45 schrieb Pau Espin Pedrol:

I noticed a few minutes ago that buildhosts seem to be unable to create
SCTP sockets. For instance, a call to something like this would fail:

fd = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, IPPROTO_SCTP);

sctp is build as module in SUSE kernels. Most likely, this module is not
loaded in the OBS build VMs.
Yes, you are correct. I experienced similar issues and had to disable
unit/test-gatt in bluez package because AF_ALG is not available.

A VM with its own kernel image can generally load modules (unlike, say, a
container with a shared kernel). Requesting IPPROTO_SCTP would autoload
net-pf-2-proto-132 (alias defined inside sctp.ko).

The bluez build log shows that apparently no kernel RPM and no kmod RPM is
installed, which would mean that there are also no .ko files and no
/sbin/modprobe executable, giving reason for a failing autoloading mechanism.
See if you can get AF_ALG/IPPROTO_SCTP to work when you force BuildRequires:
kernel-default kmod.