Re: [opensuse-buildservice] SCTP support
Hi Pau,

Am 25.08.20 um 16:45 schrieb Pau Espin Pedrol:
Hi all,

I noticed a few minutes ago that buildhosts seem to be unable to create
SCTP sockets. For instance, a call to something like this would fail:

fd = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, IPPROTO_SCTP);

So the socket call is returning -1 and strerror(errno) shows:
"Protocol not supported"

Which to me means the kernel in use doesn't seem to have sctp built-in
or the host is somehow configured to prevent loading it.

sctp is build as module in SUSE kernels. Most likely, this module is not
loaded in the OBS build VMs.

So now the question is, am I correct with my understanding? And if

Yes, you are correct. I experienced similar issues and had to disable
unit/test-gatt in bluez package because AF_ALG is not available.

that's the case, is there any good reason to disable support for SCTP?

It's probably just "only enable what's commonly needed", maybe also to
reduce the attack / bug surface of the kernel in the OBS worker VMs.

Having no SCTP support in the kernel means I need to disable some unit
tests of the package I'm building (libosmocore), which verify that APIs
work well on different distributions (versions) and architectures.

Best regards,
--
Stefan Seyfried