Re: [opensuse-buildservice] strange OBS failure "base system is broken"
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 08:32:13 +0200
On Donnerstag, 3. September 2020, 04:00:52 CEST Stanislav Brabec wrote:
Hi.

I am working on a new util-linux.spec that will replace unreadable multi-spec
per-partes build by a single spec file with multibuild and three flavors:
mini: Without systemd support. For staging purposes only.
standard: Full build of util-linux.
python: For all python flavors.

Everything is already converted, but I have a problem with util-linux-mini:
Local build works.
Server side build fails with a broken build root:
[ 192s] ... creating baselibs
[ 192s] chroot: failed to run command 'su': No such file or directory
[ 192s] ### VM INTERACTION START ###
[ 195s] [ 189.023976] sysrq: Power Off
[ 195s] [ 189.038905] reboot: Power down
[ 195s] ### VM INTERACTION END ###
[ 195s]
[ 195s] lamb20 failed "build util-linux.spec" at Thu Sep 3 01:49:11 UTC
2020.
[ 195s]

My previous attempt failed with a different error:
[ 188s] ... saving built packages
[ 188s] swapoff: error while loading shared libraries: libmount.so.1: cannot

I did not saw this in your project.

Just a guess, do you have renamed the package providing this lib?

[ 189s] Unable to flush stdout: Text file busy
[ 189s] ### VM INTERACTION START ###
[ 189s] /.build/build-vm: line 304: echo: write error: Text file busy
[ 192s] [ 186.631112] sysrq: Power Off
[ 192s] [ 186.638388] reboot: Power down
[ 192s] ### VM INTERACTION END ###
[ 192s] No buildstatus set, either the base system is broken
(kernel/initrd/udev/glibc/bash/perl)
[ 192s] or the build host has a kernel or hardware problem...

See
https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/home:sbrabec:branches:util-linux-multibuild/util-linux:mini/openSUSE_Factory/x86_64
for a full log.

I don't know, why it happens, and all my attempt to prevent it by explicit
Requires/Conflicts fail.

Please note that the new spec file will require changes in the build of the
base system: Either the OBS will prevent util-linux-mini (to prevent
dependency on systemd), or affected packages will require util-linux-mini
(and full build will need to provide util-linux-mini (to allow live build
without build root).

Additionally, I have a problem with baselibs.conf. The python flavor cannot
build requuested base libs. So I added
%if "<name>" == "standard"
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/home:sbrabec:branches:util-linux-multibuild/util-linux/baselibs.conf?expand=1
But it apparently does not work:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/home:sbrabec:branches:util-linux-multibuild/util-linux:standard/openSUSE_Factory/i586
[ 403s] bad line: %endif
The whole package:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:sbrabec:branches:util-linux-multibuild/util-linux

well, yes, macros don't work in baselibs.conf files. And it would be IMHO
useless,
since the repository name can be random in any project. So every branch of that
package would break the build.

--

Adrian Schroeter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
Build Infrastructure Project Manager