Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Building with GCC 7+ on Ubuntu 16.04
  • From: Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 17:59:04 -0400
On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 5:39 PM Logan Lembke
<logan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does anyone know of a way to load GCC 7 or later onto Ubuntu 16.04 for
building a package?
If GCC 7 were in the Ubuntu Xenial repo, I know I could pull it in by
adding a version qualifier to my Build-depends line in my .dsc file.
However, the latest version of GCC in the Xenial repos is version 5.

On my local dev machine, I bring GCC 7 in by using an external Debian
repository. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a way to install that
external repository during the build process.

Any advice would be appreciated!

You cannot do this. If you want GCC 7 on Ubuntu 16.04 in OBS, you'll
need to import the GCC 7 source packages that your repo used so OBS
can build it and make it available as inputs for other packages to
use.