Re: [opensuse-buildservice] CentOS8: No python3?
On martes, 1 de octubre de 2019 17:49:57 (CEST) Adrian Schröter wrote:
no, it is included. Check "osc meta prj CentOS:CentOS-8"

there seems to be no python3 package neither in baseos nor in appstream
repos atm.

will need to check where it lives tomorrow. (or if it is missing, it
wouldn't be the first breakage, we saw also other missing x86_64 rpms where
only i686

In fact you are right, python3 is provided (ATM) by python36, which is the
real package and it's a AppStream, according to the info I see from dnf at a
real CentOS8 VM.

https://git.centos.org/rpms/python36/blob/c8-stream-3.6/f/SPECS/python36.spec

But even if I force python36, I get:

buildinfo is broken... it says:
unresolvable: nothing provides python36

--
Julio González Gil
Release Engineer, SUSE Manager and Uyuni