Re: [opensuse-buildservice] SLE sources do not appear to generate events on message bus
  • From: James Berry <jberry@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 13:39:10 +0000
On Thursday, September 26, 2019 8:07:56 AM CDT Stephan Kulow wrote:
The problem is a little unexpected to you, but package.update is sent way
more often than it should be - and that's why you haven't noticed this
before with other sources (as SLE updates don't go through the API but
directly to the backend).

Sent more often sure, but also sent everytime sources are changed which is why
it has not been noticed. The fact that the .update events are not generated
for SLE source updates is a bug.

So changing from package.update to package.commit should solve your problem.

If we can workaround the bug and also get a more specific event great, but it
was not expected because it differs from all other packages on OBS because of
a hidden implementation detail and thus represents a bug.

I will leave a listener on with the .commit event and see that SLE changes
generate the events.

Thanks,

--
Jimmy