Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Publisher not publishing to stageserver on private instance 2.10
  • From: Stefan Botter <stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 11:05:38 +0200
Hi Stefan,

On Thursday, September 19, 2019 11:24:23 AM CEST Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Hi Stefan,

:
I know this, I did spend quite some time on debugging that.
This is because you did not set $rsync_extra_options in BSConfig.pm.
Of course you did not, because nobody told you to ;-) and it is not
set in the example config file.

Anyway, this harmless option fixes the warning for me:

obs:~ # grep rsync_extra_options /usr/lib/obs/server/BSConfig.pm
#our $rsync_extra_options = "--whole-file";
our $rsync_extra_options = "-v";

I'm not sure if it was a fatal error or if I did just add this to shut
up bs_publish ;-)

Thank you very much!
Adding any viable rsync option as rsync_extra_options fixes publishing
in general with a configured stageserver.

I know, that I could have circumvented this problem with obspublishhook
- we use that on Packman's PMBS, but did not want to go that mile ATM.

Meanwhile I created issue #8384, and Michael also commented with the
rsync_extra_options solution.

Thanks again,

Stefan
--