Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Enhancement ideas for https://build.opensuse.org/image_templates
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback Henne and Adam!

I will ping the maintainer for simplifying the projects name and will definitely
use https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/issues/new/choose for the
“grouping” idea.

Have a nice day/evening everyone!

Regards,
--
Vincent Moutoussamy
SUSE Beta Program, JeOS and SDK Project Manager

On 11 Sep 2019, at 16:58, Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey,

On 11.09.19 15:11, Vincent Moutoussamy wrote:

1) Having “Template for”/“Templates using" in the name of each projects
might be
too much?

This view is "just" displaying content in the OBS. We are displaying the
title (or name if no title exists) of all packages of projects that have the
attribute OBS:ImageTemplates attached to them. So if you are looking at this
page right now:

"SLE 15 Code Line" is the title of this project ->
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/SUSE:Templates:Images:SLE-15

"SLE-15 container using docker tool" is the title of this package ->
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/SUSE:Templates:Images:SLE-15-SP1/SLE-15-SP1-Container-kiwi

If you want something else displayed there, you should talk to the
maintainers. That's the idea behind it, the OBS admin attaches the attribute
to your project, as project maintainer you are then responsible for what is
shown on the page.

2) Emphasis on openSUSE and SLE latest version
- By having a “UI frame” called "openSUSE and SLE latest versions”
containing Leap
15.1, Tumbleweed and SLE 15.1.
- Then a frame called “others” containing everything else but with Leap 15.0
and
SLE 15.1 at the top, then the rest

This one sounds like feature to group certain things together on this page.
You should realize that this is not a page, this is an app. An app that is
not only used for openSUSE / SUSE. So we would have to come up with a generic
way.

I’m wondering if I could contribute/do this on my own and how?

First of all you can file a feature request on github.

https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/issues/new/choose

If you want to make this then your first code contribution to OBS let me
know, I'll guide you through it! :-)

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang