Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Why does OBS think some packages are "unresolvable" while they are not?
On Sun, 08 Sep 2019, 15:12:58 +0200, Stefan Brüns wrote:
On Sonntag, 8. September 2019 13:32:42 CEST Manfred Hollstein wrote:
Hi there,

I have re-created the situation in a small project at
<https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:manfred-h:TEST>.
It contains four packages of which two BuildRequire the two other ones:

I am just wondering what you are trying to achieve at all. Currently you are:

- building mozilla69 and mozilla68, both are unmodified copies of the
packages
from the mozilla OBS projects.
- building each one for Leap 42.3, 15.0 and 15.1
- doing the same in your :mozilla and :TEST subprojects.

you did not look at the projects, did you? :TEST is just a set of four
packages with *no* files to be stored into the built RPMs; I created
them just as a small test case to describe what I see. I now learned
that I have to re-think my impression of a repository in the sense of
OBS vs zypper, but that's another issue.

These are 2 * 3 * 2 = 12 instances of mozilla package builds. These packages
compete with the MozillaFirefox packages from Tumbleweed and its Stagings.

Are you saying I should not help Wolfgang, who is the maintainer for the
mozilla packages and his work? The current situation that I'm back at
revision 1 is just a matter of having to re-base/sync my work with
Wolfgang's.

Only 4 of the OBS workers have enough resources to build Firefox, so the
whole
Staging process gets slowed down considerably.

Please:
- disable building for the project(s) you don't work on
- disable building for all but one distribution, thats sufficient for your
setup experiments.

Please read above. If you want, I can certainly stop contributing to
various packages...

And as Andreas has said already - don't try to build different versions of
the
same package in one project. A project can hold exactly one version of a
package at any time.

Yep, *now* I know.

Regards,

Stefan