Re: [opensuse-buildservice] pre_checkin.sh and obs_scm git service
  • From: Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2019 11:06:10 +0200
Am Dienstag, 3. September 2019, 09:02:20 CEST schrieb Stephan Kulow:
Am 02.09.19 um 17:50 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
Understood.

It would work in the build environment as well, it just needs access to
the
git tree, and need to generate a file - or would you prefer to carry the
git tree around in the builds?

What's the difference between running your script as service or as part of
%setup in this context?

The .git tree, or the absence thereof.

It would change the workflow by the need to package the .git tree, which will
appear in the source rpm as well, and add git as a build dependency. I don't
think, this is desired, but maybe it's our best bet anyway.

Cheers,
Pete