Re: [opensuse-buildservice] pre_checkin.sh and obs_scm git service
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2019 15:53:17 +0200
On Montag, 2. September 2019, 14:34:26 CEST Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
[next try here, since this request seems to be misplaced in -packaging]

Hi,

if I understand the pre_checkin.sh concept correctly (docs are quite sparse
to put it friendly: https://en.opensuse.org/
openSUSE:Build_Service_Concept_PreCheckinFeatures)
pre_checkin.sh is executed on check in time, but I'm looking for a similar
mechanism, that is executed after git checkout and before build on the
server (pre_build.sh?)

pre_build.sh is not an obs concept, just a private script which may be called
by the user...

OBS tools will never call random scripts on your workstation outside of a
secured VM, since it is a security issue.

Background: in order to produce a reproducible build, sometimes, we need to
generate the necessary information from running a script out of the git
tree. Example:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:frispete:Tumbleweed/HandBrake

While at it, with obs_scm in default mode and changesgenerate option
enabled, changelog handling is suboptimal as well. It would be cool to have
changespersistent option, that would copy the
_service:obs_scm:HandBrake.changes to the HandBrake.changes, as this process
would do in disabled mode.

when running in the disabled mode it should be indeed get moved over. This is
done by osc, so I doubt a bit that it just not works for a single file.

Are you sure that this won't happen?

Of course, this changespersistent option could be dealed with in a
pre_build.sh as well...

Thanks,
Pete

--