Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Bootstrap private OBS issues
  • From: Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 23:53:28 +0200
[resent in plain text without pictures]

Hi Adrian,

On Freitag, 28. Juli 2017 23:31:50 Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Freitag, 28. Juli 2017, 23:18:02 CEST wrote Hans-Peter Jansen:

Create your own login and password and set yourself as Admin.
<first part okay, but how can I archive the second part?>

in webui it is

Configuration -> Manage users

and select "Make user admin" on actions menu of your user.

Log on to the Web UI as Admin and click on the Icon "Setup OBS".
<There's no such Icon, probably unnecessary nowadays?!?>

It is called "Configuration" these days. You see it only as admin.

Accept the default. It should work.

well, that should be, go to "Interconnect" tab and accept the default.

However, you will also be sent there when you try to add a repo to your
project and there are no base distros.

<hmm>

Create your first repository project

Create by web UI

A project at the root of OBS.
Select from under 'Locations' -> 'Projects'. At the top left click on
'Create a new project '. Give it a name (e.g. Meego-test)

you see ... the wiki page is unmaintained Meego documentation ;)

Enter a 'ProjectName'(Meego-test:1.2), 'Tilte'(Meego-test 1.2),
'Description'. you need to be 'Admin' to create a project at the root of
OBS.
<Hmm, did that as Admin, but harvested a
"Sorry, you are not authorized to create this Project.">

Any ideas anybody?

You are no admin most likely.

I guess so, but I'm logged in as Admin, it says "OBS Instance Superuser
Admin" in the profile, but there's no Configuration link, neither on the
profile page nor on the main page.

Am I too silly?

Pete