[opensuse-buildservice] Bootstrap private OBS issues
  • From: Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 23:18:02 +0200
Hi,

in an attempt to setup a private OBS instance, I have successfully installed
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/OBS:/Server:/2.8/images/iso/obs-server.x86_64.iso

Setting up the LVM was a bit of a hassle, since I couldn't find the rules of
the size constraints of the OBS PV relative to LV OBS/server (e.g. 2TB PV with
1TB LV fails for some reason). While at it, I missed a simple command to
shutdown the whole OBS, e.g. similar to gitlab-ce target from home:darix:apps.
BTW, the many restarts revealed a small glitch in 2.8 for 42.2 (from above
link): during shutdown, the task to unmount /srv/obs fails.

Now, I tried to bootstrap the beast with the help of:
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_private_instance_boot_strapping#Use_Repository_Binary_Import
Quoting with <comments> inlined:

Setup your OBS

Log on to the Web API See starting your OBS Appliance
<done>

The default user Admin, with the password opensuse is available.
<okay>

Create your own login and password and set yourself as Admin.
<first part okay, but how can I archive the second part?>

Log on to the Web UI as Admin and click on the Icon "Setup OBS".
<There's no such Icon, probably unnecessary nowadays?!?>

Accept the default. It should work.
<hmm>

Create your first repository project

Create by web UI

A project at the root of OBS.
Select from under 'Locations' -> 'Projects'. At the top left click on 'Create
a new project '. Give it a name (e.g. Meego-test)
Enter a 'ProjectName'(Meego-test:1.2), 'Tilte'(Meego-test 1.2), 'Description'.
you need to be 'Admin' to create a project at the root of OBS.
<Hmm, did that as Admin, but harvested a
"Sorry, you are not authorized to create this Project.">

Any ideas anybody?

TIA,
Pete