Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: bogofilter-sqlite
  • From: Martin Koegler <martin.koegler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 12:49:56 +0100
On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 09:49:47AM +0100, Gour wrote:
Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I did some rpm-related reading about subpackages and not being sure
whether I understood properly visited #rpm.org when I was told that one
cannot have %build section per subpackage.

Moreover, I was suggested to create a new package and use 'Conflicts' in
each one.

Remember, bogofilter and bogofilter-sqlite are actually *two different*
and conflicting packages despite using the same source since both
produce single executable, one uses (Berkeley) DB back-end and the other
one uses Sqlite3.

So, considering the above do you still consider that subpackage is the
appropriate solution and if yes, can you give some hint how to have
different invocation of ./configure for main and subpackage?

Look at the php5 package.

Subpackages will not work, if two (sub-)packages need to ship different content
for one path. In that case, you could put two spec files in one OBS packages
(see binutils/gcc).

Regards,
Martin