[opensuse-buildservice] bogofilter-sqlite (was Re: new package based on the existing one)
  • From: Gour <gour@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 12:49:21 +0100
On Sat, 29 Nov 2014 08:52:33 +0100
Johannes Kastl <mail@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you all for the help.

If you want to modify a package (e.g. do a version update) and want to
get these changes into the repository/project where the package is
from, then branch is your friend.

Otherwise, as the others said, osc copypac creates a completely
independent package, that has the same state and history as the
package you copy from.

I want(ed) to create new package bogofilter-sqlite which is based on
bogofilter but uses Sqlite3 database as storage back-end instead of
default 'db' one.

I did as advised and here is the package which works for me - I'm using
it with Claws-mail with its bogofilter plugin.

Result is here:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:gour/bogofilter-sqlite

First I was changing spec file and submitting via web, then I did build
package locally and commit.

Please, advice/correct me!!

No need to tell, but I'd like that bogofilter ends up in openSUSE since
I was using the same package in FreeBSD
(http://www.freshports.org/mail/bogofilter-sqlite/), in Arch Linux
(https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/bogofilter-sqlite/) as well in
Debian Sid (https://packages.debian.org/sid/bogofilter-sqlite) from
where did I migrate to SUSE.

Sincerely, Gour

--
An intelligent person does not take part in the sources of misery,
which are due to contact with the material senses. O son of Kuntī,