Re: [opensuse-buildservice] new package based on the existing one

On November 28, 2014 3:21:39 PM EST, Gour <gour@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

after many years I'm back to Suse and would like to create new package
which is based on some existing one, iow. take existing one, rename it
and modify.

What is the best way to accomplish it?

I was reading 'tutorial' but not sure whether 'branch' command is the
way to go?

Sincerely,
Gour

I see no value in branching. I would just:

In general osc has a thousand options, so it can do most anything you need done
related to managing OBS.

Greg